Saturday, September 13, 2008

Introduction

As the title of my blog suggests, I am a homeschooling mom. We have four wonderful children, ages DD 15 months, DD 4yr, DD 10yr, DS 11yr. I love watching "the lightbulb turn on" as they learn new concepts and expand their creative minds. I combine Classical goals and Charlotte Mason sensiblities with daily craziness to achieve "reality based homeschooling".
We enjoy using our 2 1/2 acres to garden, and experiment with a variety of farm animals. Our chickens and pygmy goats free range the the back yard. We have turkeys (for another month or so), a horse and few rabbits in addition to the household cat and dog. Herbs and roses dominate my garden selections. Perhaps next year I will have more time to transform my vegetable garden from weed patch to productive land. :)
I thouroughly enjoy the time I get to pursue my love of the arts....I just wish I had more time for it. ....only 24 hours in a day, you say?.... I know, sigh. I have replaced painting and pottery with fiber arts like knitting so that I have something portable for when I only have a few minutes to spare. I am thrilled to have joined my eldest two during their violin lessons this month. Now, I have an reason to bump music toward the top of the priority list! I have to set a good example filling out my practice sheets, you know. ;)

No comments: